Subject datasheetDownload PDF
I. Subject Specification
|name||Dr. Orosz Csaba|
|academic rank||Associate professor|
Prerequisite: Business law (BMEGT55A001)
Basic knowledge, abilities and skills in the following topics: Governance, state supervision in civil engineering. Historical bases. International attitudes and traditions. Anglo-Saxon, German and Mediterranean attitudes. Northern countries. Public and private investments. Co-operation of the private and public sectors. [PPP – successes and failures.] Case studies. The problem of corruption. Public participation and partnership. Professional organisations. The basics of cost-benefit analysis (CBA). Land Registry in Hungary. Legal requirements and processes in construction and in civil engineering. Real estate appraisal and land valuation.
- Will learn the basics of Public Administration and Land registry.
- Will learn the legal and financial background of basic infrastructural projects.
- Will learn basic case studies.
- Will know organisations in civil engineering
- Will learn the basics of land registry of Hungary 6. will learn the basics of real estate appraisal by Hungarian examples
- Will be able to perform basic cost-benefit analysis
- Will be able to gain information quickly in international public administration. Will be able to identify different types of public administration.
- Cooperates with the tutor/lecturer and with fellow students,
- Amends his/her co-working skills
- Continuously develops his/her knowledge
- Recognises that during the execution of engineering processes legal and administrative bases are essential.
- Will be able to work autonomously and/or with individual research. Will be able to complete his/her tasks.
- Is open to remarks and comments of teachers and fellow students.
ectures, interactive lectures, case studies. Written and oral communication. Examples. Teamwork with short presentation of a case study.
|Week||Topics of lectures and/or exercise classes|
|1.||Governance, state control at civil engineering projects.|
|2.||History. Case study: The construction of Chain Bridge (Széchenyi-Lánchíd), in Budapest.|
|3.||The nationalization and re-construction of Chain Bridge. Public investments.|
|4.||Co-operation of the public and the private sectors. Popular projects.|
|5.||Basics of cost-benefit analysis (CBA).|
|6.||Basics of procurement. Problem of Corruption in the north and in the south.|
|7.||Public participation. Professional organisations. Overview.|
|8.||Land registry in Hungary.|
|9.||Details in land registry|
|10.||Surveying activities associated with land registry. The role of land registry in civil engineering. Expropriation.|
|11.||Legal proceedings in civil engineering. Keywords. Overview.|
|12.||Principles of real estate appraisal. Legal bases of real estate valuation. Evaluation methods.|
|13.||Land market and real estate market.|
|14.||Case studies. Examples of real estate evaluation.|
The above programme is tentative and subject to changes due to calendar variations and other reasons specific to the actual semester. Consult the effective detailed course schedule of the course on the subject website.
On-line materials: Lectures and slides. Tests for practicing at the subject’s moodle website. On-line textbook.
Attendance to lectures is compulsory. The credits of the subject will be refused to students missing more than four times.
The teachers are available for consultation during their office hours, as advertised at the department website.
II. Subject requirements
The assessment of the learning outcomes specified in clause 2.2. above and the evaluation of student performance occurs via two midterm tests and a homework.
|Evaluation form||Abbrev.||Assessed learning outcomes|
|1. midterm test||T1||A.1-A.4; B.1|
|2. midterm test||T2||A.5-A.6; B.2; C.4|
|3. homework - CBA Calculation||HW1||A.2; B.1; C.1-C.3; D.1-D.2|
|4. homework International case study. Short presentation in a group.||HW2||A.2, A.3; C.1-C.3; D.2|
Signature cannot be obtained.
1) The homework can be submitted with delay till a pre-defined date – usually one week later – by paying a fee.
2) The homework submitted and accepted can be amended till the pre-defined deadline without paying a fee.
3) The two midterm tests can be repeated –without fee – at a previously determined date given in the course schedule. One midterm test can be repeaded twice by paying a previously defined fee.
|Preparation for the courses with Homework 2.||42|
|Preparation for the tests||16|