Subject DatasheetDownload PDF
I. Subject Specification
|Type||Hours/week / (days)|
|name||Dr. Balázs L. György|
There are no prerequisites for PhD students.
The main objective of the subject is to impart up-to-date knowledge about new construction materials that are the results of recent developments and the goals of further research.
- Able to understand the role and purpose of application of the advanced construction materials in the system of the well-known materials.
- Able to understand the micro- and macrostructural behaviour of the advanced construction materials by the physical and chemical explanations.
- Able to understand how the application of advanced materials will influence the service life of structures.
- Able to recognize and identify the advantages of advanced construction materials.
- Able to compare the service life of the structures made of ordinary or advanced materials.
- Continuously expands his/her knowledge.
- Strives for accurate and error-free problem recognition and evaluation.
- Able to work independently.
- Accepts critical comments.
Lectures, individual learning
|Week||Topics of lectures and/or exercise classes|
Introduction. Why and how can construction materials and technologies be further developed? / Dr. Balázs L. György
Strengthening Materials and Methods I. / Dr. Balázs L. György
|3.||Strengthening Materials and Methods II. / Dr. Sólyom Sándor|
|4.||Micromechanics of FRP and its constituents I.-II. / Dr. Balázs L. György|
Fire - advanced materials I. / Dr. Lublóy Éva
|6.||Fire - advanced materials II. / Dr. Lublóy Éva|
Advanced Materials – LWAC, Recycling in Concrete I. / Dr. Nemes Rita
|8.||Advanced Materials – LWAC, Recycling in Concrete II. / Dr. Nemes Rita|
|9.||Advanced glass materials in construction / Dr. Nehme Kinga|
|10.||Concrete as radiation protection / Dr. Nehme Salem|
|11.||Zero cement concrete / Dr. Kopecskó Katalin|
|12.||Advanced materials in road construction / Dr. Fenyvesi Olivér|
|13.||Shape Memory Alloys / Dr. Balázs L. György|
|14.||3D-printed concrete in construction / Dr. Sólyom Sándor - Dr. Balázs L. György|
The above programme is tentative and subject to changes due to calendar variations and other reasons specific to the actual semester. Consult the effective detailed course schedule of the course on the subject website.
- pdf versions of the Lectures.
- Literature is provided for the preparation of the exam as well as for the classes.
- (Uploaded in the moodle system.)
At a pre-arranged time (via e-mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
II. Subject requirements
|Evaluation form||Abbreviation||Assessed learning outcomes|
|Exam, oral||E||A.1-A.3; B.1-B.2; C.1-C.2; D.1-D.2;|
The dates of deadlines of assignments/homework can be found in the detailed course schedule on the subject’s website.